Pimpnite
Admin
favorite pokemon: Dragonite
Favorite Type: Dragon
Team Sun Or Moon: Team Moon
Nature: Adamant

Re: The Chronicles of COTH

Postby Pimpnite » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:38 am

I waited nearly 3/4 of a year for this... and It was totally worth it a thrilling red as usual :kai:

I actually remember when they had a battle not sure it exists anymore tho :s
Talonflame Is by far the hardest pokemon to use followed closely by Mega Rayquaza :kai: FC: 2165-6175-8486 IGN: Pimp
Snurfsnarf
Admin
favorite pokemon: Rayquaza
Favorite Type: Anything but Fairy
Team Sun Or Moon: Team Sun
Nature: Modest

Postby Snurfsnarf » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:49 pm

Pimpnite wrote:I actually remember when they had a battle not sure it exists anymore tho :s

I remember designing the channel appearance of my fake COTH account to look identical to COTH's. Then I downloaded the battle COTH uploaded to his channel and uploaded it onto my own fake COTH channel. The whole channel was practically a perfect match.

I might actually have the video uploaded on that fake COTH account. With YouTube's changes over the years, specifically with Google+ integration, it has been harder to access my many accounts. I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: I FOUND IT! ...Well, the version that I uploaded, anyway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcl4fAzYq64
The fake COTH account still exists, but the channel design isn't the same because of changes to YouTube. Also, looking at the channel comments, part of the conversation got deleted, but it looks like the origin of Applekitchen1000 is in there.
Snurfsnarf
Admin

Postby Snurfsnarf » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:35 am

Chapter 8: Moneybags

Among the chaos of COTH's return to the chat, as well as AK1000's sworn allegiance to him, it was easy to miss the third and final member of the alliance sneak his way into the mess. Seemingly out of nowhere, Epicmon51 returned to the chat, and had adopted an all-caps speech pattern, much like COTH's. His return was bizarre, because his original, sparse appearances in the chat were relatively unremarkable, and no one had thought too much of him, nor expected him to return.

His all-caps method of communication was eerily identical to COTH's. Everything down to the general syntax of his sentences seemed like it was ripped straight from COTH's mind. But there were a few key differences. For one, Epicmon was far less interested in "fate" and "destiny" like COTH was. Second, and more importantly, Epicmon was rich. We know this because he did not hesitate to discuss this subject matter. Every time Epicmon arrived in the chat, his claims of wealth seemed to increase, eventually reaching comical proportions. One of his most common assertions was that he possessed a diamond-encrusted Nintendo DS. Such outrageous claims eventually resulted in Epicmon being more commonly known as "Moneybags," not just by chatters, but even by COTH himself.

(Site note: Despite "Moneybags" being a common nickname for Epicmon at the time, he will still be referred to as "Epicmon" from here on out.)

While the origin of the relationship between COTH and Epicmon was initially unknown, the two of them began dropping clues from time to time. Epicmon gradually began to suggest that he and COTH knew each other personally, and had met in real life. In fact, in a screenshot taken in February of 2011, Epicmon provided this strangely random information:

In another statement made on the same day, Epicmon also informed the chat of COTH's hair color completely unsolicited. The nature of these messages is strange, but they appear as though Epicmon is looking for attention. By re-igniting the mysterious aura of COTH, perhaps he could stir up some discussion and, just maybe, land a rematch with PIMPNITE. Whatever his intentions were, the strange comments did succeed in furthering the chat's interest in COTH.

Over the next couple weeks, COTH and Epicmon seemed to use this newly-revived intrigue within the chat as a foothold to begin badgering PIMPNITE for a rematch. But at first, the chat was not entirely on board for a COTH rematch. PIMPNITE already won once, so why should he have to do it again? But COTH wanted his revenge, and as he made clear before, he would not give up easily. However, the chat has also proven before that they do not give in easily, either...

Up next...
Chapter 9: Shenanigans and Silliness

Author's note:
I hope you're all excited, because we are entering screenshot territory now! By that I mean, we have reached a point in time where people began taking more frequent screenshots of the goings-on within the chat. A number of these screenshots still exist today, on my computer no less! Get ready, because the upcoming chapter is going to be a fun one.
Seaweebs
Rookie Trainer
favorite pokemon: Dhelmise
Favorite Type: Ghost and Dark

Postby Seaweebs » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:11 am

EDIT: I FOUND IT! ...Well, the version that I uploaded, anyway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcl4fAzYq64

lol I love how at the very bottom theres a comment by "SHRIMPNITE" :kai: must be PUMPNITE'S cousin :kai: :lol:
:kai: Fc: 0963 2998 6192 Ign: Brandon :kai:
dhelmise is a good mon shaddup :kai:
Snurfsnarf
Admin

Postby Snurfsnarf » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:14 am

Seaweebs wrote:lol I love how at the very bottom theres a comment by "SHRIMPNITE" :kai: must be PUMPNITE'S cousin :kai: :lol:

Check out Chapter 4 and you'll see who that is. ;)
Snurfsnarf
Admin

Postby Snurfsnarf » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:40 pm

Chapter 9: Shenanigans

With COTH having found two new people to help him create chaos in the chat, it wasn't long before chatters began retaliating. The fake COTH account that had been created in the past eventually opened the floodgates to more fake COTH accounts, and before long, nearly every chatter had an account whose username was suspiciously similar to COTH's. The barrage of fake COTHs in the chat was truly a sight to behold.

The large amount of attention that COTH received gave way to a number of COTH-related jokes and catchphrases, including some that COTH himself never even said. While "YOUR FATE IS SEALED" and "as destiny foretold" are 100% COTH quotes, the attribution of curly fries to COTH is something that did not actually come from him. Due to COTH's comical obsession with PIMPNITE and his bizarre speech patterns, the chat collectively developed a mental image of COTH as a stereotypical, morbidly obese 40-year-old virgin. It was fitting, then, to imagine such a person as having an absurd addiction to unhealthy foods. The unhealthy food of choice just so happened to be curly fries. In fact, it became so connected to COTH that most people unfamiliar with COTH could reasonably assume that he was the one to start that joke.

Another, lesser-known COTH behavior at the time was his Wall of Shame. After COTH's return, he completely overhauled his YouTube channel, but the most notable addition was the Wall of Shame. Posted within his channel description, which was clearly visible on the left side of his channel, the Wall of Shame was a list of COTH's alleged Pokemon victories over people in the PIMPNITE community. After Epicmon and AK1000 joined his alliance, their victories were also added to the Wall of Shame. Many of the claimed victories were rather dubious, but COTH wasn't going to let reality interfere with his godliness.

A personal account from Snurfsnarf...
After seeing the interesting modifications to COTH's YouTube channel, I got the idea to copy every detail of his channel onto my fake COTH account's channel. As if it wasn't confusing enough with a username that resembles the real COTH's, now clicking on the username would still not make it immediately obvious that it was the fake COTH. At one point, COTH even uploaded a video to his channel (a battle between him and AK1000), so I downloaded the video and re-uploaded it on my fake COTH account. Every single detail of the channel was identical, except for one thing: the Wall of Shame. I figured I would have some fun with it, so I added a bunch of entries to the Wall of Shame that either made COTH look bad, or were simply silly because of how nonsensical they were. For example, one entry claimed that COTH won with 10000 Pokemon on his team remaining. Yeah, I had a lot of fun messing with COTH...

...But why stop with COTH? There are two new trolls to mess with!

It didn't take long before I got the idea to make a fake AK1000 account. The fake COTH account was easy because I could take advantage of the lowercase L's in his name, but "Arceusking1000" didn't have that. I could've replaced the zeroes with O's, but that looked too obvious. Instead, I swapped the E and U in the username, creating the username "Arcuesking1000." If you don't pay too much attention, the username looks more or less identical. I was worried that it would be too obviously fake, but my concerns were quickly alleviated after I saw how AK1000 responded.

The fake AK1000 account was a success, and AK1000's tolerance of the account did not last very long. In fact, it eventually reached the point where the mere appearance of the fake account bothered AK1000 enough for this to occur:

Because Epicmon's visits were the least frequent of the three, he received the least amount of ridicule. In fact, many chatters found themselves quite enjoying Epicmon's presence, because his exaggerated claims of wealth were too hard to ignore. At one point, Epicmon claimed that he purchased 50 new Nintendo DS systems every time PIMPNITE uploaded a new video. It's hard to say what someone would do with such a surplus of Nintendo DS's, but such claims gave way for the next "fake" account...

At first I just made a fake Epicmon account called "Epicmon15" and made it look like the real Epicmon51, but I quickly lost interest. Instead, I decided to make a sort of "caricature" account of this ridiculous character that Epicmon was making for himself. I went with the username "EPICMONEYBAGS" as a portmanteau of "Epicmon" and "Moneybags," then searched the web for the ideal profile picture. I'm pretty happy with what I found:

I mainly used this account to further exaggerate the outlandish claims being made by Epicmon. Before long, EPICMONEYBAGS was claiming to hold residence in an enormous fleet of flying mansions. He did not believe in the use of wallets or safes, instead opting to store all of his valuables in bags. While EPICMONEYBAGS didn't accomplish much in the way of trolling, I would like to think that I got plenty of laughs from the chat with the account.

With the chat constantly berating COTH and his followers, it would be easy to think that they would have eventually given up after seeing the chat retaliate in such interesting ways, but this was never the case. In fact, COTH sometimes seemed to enjoy this behavior, almost as if he was encouraging it, with one moment in particular summing it up very well.

During a routine COTH encounter in the chat, the "discussion" with COTH was suddenly thrown off the rails when he dropped this bizarre comment:

About a minute or so later, his following comment was met with a hilarious uproar:

While no one was actually buying this claim, the strange nature of it seemed to suggest that COTH was not being deterred in any way by the chat's shenanigans, no matter how harsh or creative. AK1000, on the other hand, was much quicker to show his true emotions. Unfortunately for him, this made him an easy target for the chat. As time went on, the behavior towards AK1000 became more cruel, as did AK1000's behavior to the chat. Looking back, it may have gone a bit too far...

Up next...
Chapter 10: Trolling a Troll
Pimpnite
Admin
favorite pokemon: Dragonite
Favorite Type: Dragon
Nature: Adamant

Postby Pimpnite » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:59 am

omg :lol:

The first time I seen the fake "wall of shame" I burst out laughing
Talonflame Is by far the hardest pokemon to use followed closely by Mega Rayquaza :kai: FC: 2165-6175-8486 IGN: Pimp

Return to “COTH”