Randomised Playthrough of Fire Red

Which Ben should I keep? (read the post to see what each choice has)

Poll ended at Wed May 11, 2016 4:18 pm

Dratini
100%
Dragonite
No votes

Total votes: 1
Ishizai
Gym Leader: Misty
favorite pokemon: Amphabulous
Favorite Type: Electric or Fire
Team Sun Or Moon: Team Moon
Nature: Lonely

Re: Randomised Playthrough of Fire Red

Postby Ishizai » Fri May 27, 2016 12:38 am

So its been a while since I did this but I'm back to it now :3 Previously on my quest I arrived in Vermilion.

So first thing I decide to do is go into the house next to the Pokecentre and I got the Old Rod. Remembering that this is randomised I go outside and fish to see what I get instead of Magikarp....and its a Crobat! 2 Pokeballs later and the level 5 Crobat is mine. Welcome Commuter :3 Wow what a moveset: Foresight, Psycho Boost, Sleep Talk and Psychic. I replace Lovdisc anyway so I can train this up a bit. Next VS Seeker and Bike Voucher get. Then I go to the Mart, sell a TinyMushroom and buy 5 Super Potions.

Next up, the S.S. Anne! Time to battle absolutely everyone I can :3 Starting with Youngster Tyler and his Crawdaunt. Commuter gets sent in then switched for Ted. It uses Teeter Dance to my annoyance then uses it again for some reason. Ted gets through the confusion and Hyper Voice takes it down to about 1/3 HP left. Managing to get through the confusion again, Ted finished it off. Victory! At level 6 Crobat wants to learn Psybeam so I get rid of Foresight.

Next is Lass Ann and she has 2 Pokemon. First out is Regice, great lol. Doing the Commuter in first then swap to Ted thing. It tried to use Lovely Kiss and misses. I want to go for Double Kick but misclick and Hyper Voice instead, it does nice damage but doesn't take it out. It tried and fails the Lovely Kiss again and I finally Kick it into oblivion. Next is Regirock...seriously? =/ Switch back to Commuter and then to Bram. Regirock has been taking lessons from soneone it seems as it uses Thief. It's not very effective against Bram though. Bram waters it down and takes it to just over half health. It uses Sweet Scent. Bram so very nearly kills it with a Double Kick (he's clearly trolling it) and it tries Thief again (they never learn do they?). Finishing it off with Icicle Spear because literally anything would kill it at this point. Victory is mine. Down at the bottom of the room I pick up TM45 Drill Peck which I teach to Ben.

Next room with a battle is a few across where someone finally tells a main character off for just barging into places! Thanks Gentleman Arthur but I still have to kick your butt. So bring on your two pokemon. First to the slaughter is Ursaring so I swap Commuter out for Ted to show him who has the best Bear. It even steals my strategy and goes for Hyper Voice but I go the sensible route and Double Kick it which takes it to low HP. It uses Arm Thrust and doesn't do much. Another Kick and its time to see the next Pokemon. First Commuter wants to learn Harden...I think not. I send in Commuter as he sends out Swampert. As I switch to Ben it tries and thankfully fails to use Sheer Cold. It then uses Follow Me...well who else was I going to attack? Lol. Ben obliges nontheless and one-shots it with Frenzy Plant.. Victory! So next room over I get to rest up and heal my Pokemon which is nice.

In the next room I face off against Gentleman Thomas and he starts with Sunflora. I switch Commuter for Ben once more and it uses Odor Sleuth. A Drill Peck nearly takes it out and it retaliates with a weak Spark. It does get the Paralysis but Shed Skin cures that instantly. One more Drill Peck and its onto his other Pokemon, Beedrill.
I send in Commuter then swap to Salama. It wastes a turn by trying to use Rest on full HP. Salama takes it to low HP with Rock Throw and it hits back with a Fire Punch which doesn't really do much. Another Rock Throw and that's victory!

All the way upstairs onto the deck now and first battle is against Sailor Edmond who chooses Lairon. I swap Commuter for Vesuvius who gets Leered at. Vesuvius misses with Heat Wave and Lairon uses Dragon Rage. Sadly Mega Drain does very little but it decides to use Tri Attack this time but that freezes Vesuvius. Forgetting that this isn't Gen 6 I choose Heat Wave again as I think the fire move will thaw him out but nope, instead he's frozen and get taken out with anither Dragon Rage. Ted's had enough and crits with 1 Double Kick and takes it out. Next up is Dragonite. Commuter then into Bram and it uses Mud Sport. Bram uses Icicle Spear and takes it down to low HP but it recovers most of it with Softboiled. 2 Hits with Icicle Spear this time which takes it back down to what it was at before. It uses Frenzy Plant and crits with it, still not even doing much. Yet another Icicle Spear and it finally goes down. Victory!

Next is Sailor Trevor and he sends out Phanpy I swap from Commuter to Ted and am thankful for that as it uses TBolt, not doing much to Ted. He takes it to half HP with Double Kick and it uses Dig. I decide to swap back to Commuter so the move does nothing then back to Ted and it uses TBolt again once again not doing much at all to Ted. Another Double Kick and it goes down. Bring on the next victim lol. A Kyogre...what's with all the legends?! I swap to Commuter then to Ben and it crits with Scratch! It Scratches again and Volt Tackle does virtually nothing. I give Ben a Super Potion and I'm starting to think this thing only knows Scratch. Maybe not as it then uses TBolt, not that its much more effective. Frenzy Plant fails to kill it and it uses Feint Attack, critting yet again and taking Ben out. I decide to take a risk and send out Commuter again. Psychic does a little damage and its Feint Attack does less than I feared. I have Commuter use Psycho Boost and he wins his first battle. He levels and wants to learn Reversal. I let him learn it over Sleep Talk. Victory! I head back to the woman that lets me rest up my Pokemon and that's where I'll be leaving it for now :3

Team:
Level 16 Commuter
Level 21 Ted
Level 21 Vesuvius
Level 21 Salama
Level 21 Dratini
Level 22 Bram
Looking for breedjects? Be sure to check out my breeding topic to see if what I'm breeding interests you.

Also if anyone enjoys creepypasta and would like to give their opinions on a Gen 6 story, pm me. I'm always interested in feedback so I can improve.
Pimpnite
Admin
favorite pokemon: Dragonite
Favorite Type: Dragon
Nature: Adamant

Postby Pimpnite » Sun May 29, 2016 9:52 pm

I still have 9 levels to evolution :D
Talonflame Is by far the hardest pokemon to use followed closely by Mega Rayquaza :kai: FC: 2165-6175-8486 IGN: Pimp
Ishizai

Postby Ishizai » Sun May 29, 2016 9:56 pm

Pimpnite wrote:I still have 9 levels to evolution :D

Then another 25 until you're finally a Dragonite XD
Looking for breedjects? Be sure to check out my breeding topic to see if what I'm breeding interests you.

Also if anyone enjoys creepypasta and would like to give their opinions on a Gen 6 story, pm me. I'm always interested in feedback so I can improve.
Pimpnite
Admin
favorite pokemon: Dragonite
Favorite Type: Dragon
Nature: Adamant

Postby Pimpnite » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:19 am

ME HYPE :kai:
Talonflame Is by far the hardest pokemon to use followed closely by Mega Rayquaza :kai: FC: 2165-6175-8486 IGN: Pimp
Ishizai

Postby Ishizai » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:04 am

And so after quite a break we return to the SS Anne. So last time I think we beat all the trainers on the deck so now I'm going through the rooms on the floor that leads to the deck.

After seeing a picture of a Snorlax I find a battle in the next room. First up is Fisherman Dale who sends out Wartortle. Pyshic is doing some damage and it uses Tickle and Karate Chop. I then try Psybeam because why not and I get a crit which takes it to red. It then uses Rock Blast and gets 5 hits off of course and faints Commuter. Ted is sent in and I decide to use Revive on Commuter because I want it to level. It uses Tickle and then Ted shouts at it and kills it...erm I mean faints it. Commuter gains some exp and Ted levels. Next up...Moltres o.o wow where'd you go fishing to find that? I send in Commuter then switch to Salama who gets Flattered. Try for Rock Throw and of course Salama hits himself in the face instead...Moltres goes for Revenge and does a little damage. This happens again then I'm forced to use a Super Potion on Salama whilst it once again uses Revenge. Confusehax plus Revenge again and I'm starting to get annoyed. Finally I hit with Rock Throw taking it down to red and it uses Mirror Move. Then Salama snaps out of confusion (thank Ra) and kills Moltres with...Confusion lol. Commuter levels up and Dale sends in Beautifly to face off against the newly leveled Commuter. Psybeam does an ok amount of damage and it uses Spite. I try for Psychic which does a bit as well and it uses Spite again. Another Pyshic and the battle is won. Victory!

After a quick heal its back again to face Gentleman Brooks and his Nidoran Male. Psychic takes it to under half HP and it uses Frenzy Plant...its not very effective. Another Psychic and wow that was a quick battle with Commuter levelling again. Time to grab the item...its an Amulet Coin...sure lets give it to Commuter lol. Nobody wants to battle in the next room so onto the one after that.

Before I can get the item in here its time to battle Gentleman Lamar who starts with Dustox. I switch Commuter out for Salama and it does little with Stomp. Rock Throw takes it to about half hp and it uses Dragon Claw which seems to somehow do less than the Stomp did. I miss with Rock Throw and it uses Super Power...what a move set. Still Salama is on 33 out of 58 hp after all three attacks. Rock Throw hits this time and it goes down. Now its time for Granbull so into Commuter and then Vesuvius and it uses Focus Energy. Vesuvius uses Heat Wave and nearly takes it out and then it uses...Hydro Cannon! Oh...ok that did less than I expected time to finish this battle with another Heat Wave. Victory!

After grabbing the Yellow Flute I take a step sideways and get Lass Dawn to challenge me to a battle. She starts things off with a Kangaskhan. I decide what the hell and try Reversal since its fighting...it does about as much as I'd expect, not a lot. The Kanga retaliates by Self-Destructing and taking out my Commuter...I'm not going to comment on that *coughcoughkangaisaterroristcoughcough* Anyway I'm now without Commuter and the Kanga is down. I decide to send in Ben and they send out Absol. Absol uses Pay Day and I have Ben use Drill Peck which looks like it'll be a two hit KO. Absol uses Screech and my thoughts are proven right as another Drill Peck takes it down. Victory! I go quickly heal up and then check the other two rooms but there's no battles to be had. Before I go any futher this way I'm heading back downstairs and into the kitchen. In there I find a PP UP at the bottom of the room and a Moo Moo Milk, Magost Berry and an X Attack in the bins. Now to head downstairs. I find a Pearl in the bin right next to the stairs and then begin looking in the rooms.

I find a Lum Berry in the first room and then in the second as I go to talk to the nearest Sailor I'm spotted by Sailor Duncan who suddenly attacks me with Hariyama. It uses Snatch and Commuter uses Psychic. One more Psychic the next turn and it goes down and Commuter reaches Level 19. Wobbuffet comes in to take Hariyama's place and after it comes in I switch to...nobody it has Shadow Tag, damnit. Ok I use Psychic instead which does very little. It uses Egg Bomb which also doesn't do much. I try a Psycho Boost which does do a bit more but drops my Spa. and it then uses Wish...oh god this is going to take forever. And so after me going through all PP on my moves bar 1 PP on reversal and me finally getting it below half hp it finally takes Commuter out (it also knew Acid and Growl). Go Vesuvius for the love of Ra please end this...So I accidentally hit Fury Cutter and it does not a lot. Mega Drain doesn't do much either but its nearly out. I miss with Fury Cutter and then finally kill it with Vesuvius levelling. And there's still a Milotic to go...great. Go Ben! It crits with Sludge Bomb and takes Ben to just under half HP and Frenzy Plant takes it down to half...unfortunately Ben has to recharge but the second Sludge Bomb doesn't crit but does Poison though Ben lives through it. Super Potion back to full and it uses Outrage and takes him right back down to where he was (including poison damage)...ok lets just swap to Salama or something. Thankfully Outrage doesn't do much to Salama and I decide its time to hide...by using Dig. Milotic is now confused. Dig halves what it has left roughly and its down to the red after smacking itself in the face in confusion. Rubbing salt into the wound I have Salama use Confusion and down the Milotic goes. Both Salama and Ben level up and Ben wants to learn Hyper Voice. I meant to learn it over Safeguard but my laptop refused to acknowledge the second push of the down arrow and instead I've lost Volt Tackle >.< Oh well I won the battle at least, Victory?

Since the other Sailor, Sailor Leonard, had turned round I am immediately thrown into a battle with him. Thankfully he only has 1 Pokémon: Medicham. Go Ted! It Yawns and Ted makes it pay for its insult by Aeroblasting it to death. That was a very quick battle. Victory!

After a heal I go into the next room and get challenged straight away by Sailor Dylan who says "I like feisty kids like you"...I think I need an adult. Anyway he sends his Kabutops to get me and I send out Commuter to defend me. Psychic looks like it could maybe be a 3 hit kill and it uses Beat Up...ok so he has a Nidorino and a Dusclops to come...oh great. Yeah looks like Psychic will defo be a 3 hit and it hits me with Hydro Pump/Cannon, wasn't paying attention lol and it doesnt matter as Commuter survived and makes sure Kabutops goes back to being extinct. Next up is the Nidorino which is so nearly one-shotted with Psychic and it uses Barrier. Psybeam to finish it off and Commuter gets to level 20, nearly caught up now. Once the Dusclops comes in I swap Commuter out for Ted and it uses freaking Sing >.< I swap Ted for Bram and I'm so glad when it misses with Overheat. Icicle Spear doesn't do much and it uses Sing again...Sleep Clause! Into Vesuvius and it uses Thief...I've got nothing to steal :3 Heat Wave nearly takes it out and thank Ra it misses with Sing. Poison Fang ftw. Victory! I grab the item (a berry) and run from the room.

Escaping from the perv I go heal and continue my clearing out of the ship. In the next room I pick up TM28 Conversion and then I go challenge Sailor Huey to a battle. He has 2 Pokemon starting with Snorlax. Psychic does not much and Lax misses with Thinder...time to swap to Bram. Thunder hits this time but doesn't do much though it annoyingly paralyses. Lax switches tactic and uses Night Shade...how scary. A Double Kick from Bram (the second being a crit) and its off to the Moon. Next up is another damn Milotic. Commuter comes in first then swap to Ben and it tries to use Slack Off and again and I miss with Frenzy Plant. It uses Smog which does a little damage and then Poisons me...ffs. Ben hits it with Hyper Voice and yay Shed Skin cures the poison. It goes for Sludge Bomb and does a little damage. Frenzy Plant nearly takes it out. Slack off pretty much negates the Frenzy Plant and Ben recharges. Another Sludge Bomb takes him to 23 and he's poisoned AGAIN. Seriously Ben stop it! I go to risk another hit but Sludge Bomb takes him out....well at least he's not Poisoned anymore. Go Commuter. It takes 2 Psychics but finally its gone and Commuter levels. Victory! Oh Commuter wants to learn Ember...by Reversal.

Last room down here and first up is Sailor Phillip and his Skitty which is taken out by a single Psycho Boost. Victory! And now for Fisherman Barny and his 3 Pokemon starting with Celebi. Ember is super effective but doesn't do much and it misses with Dynamic Punch. Psychic does nothing and it uses Mind Reader. Time for Ted. It keeps spamming Mind Reader and Ted takes it out with Aeroblast. Next is Gloom so back to Commuter who narrowly misses one-shotting it with Psychic. It uses Light Barrier but that's not going to matter, Ember will still take it out or it would if I didn't misclick and go for Psychic again...its still down though. Last up is Sunkern and Ember does quite a bit to it. It uses Psybeam and does a whopping 9 damage. One more ember and...Victory! And Commuter is Level 22 now just like the rest of the team :3

Seeing as I know Blue's up next I heal up and I'm going to leave it here. Need to make sure I'm properly rested to face him or I'm gonna get trolled lol. Tune in next time for finishing up SS Anne and other stuff :3

Return to “Interactive Playthrough”