Randomised Playthrough of Fire Red

Which Ben should I keep? (read the post to see what each choice has)

Poll ended at Wed May 11, 2016 4:18 pm

Dratini
100%
Dragonite
No votes

Total votes: 1
Ishizai
Gym Leader: Misty
favorite pokemon: Amphabulous
Favorite Type: Electric or Fire
Team Sun Or Moon: Team Moon
Nature: Lonely

Randomised Playthrough of Fire Red

Postby Ishizai » Mon May 02, 2016 5:24 pm

Ok so once I finish breeding my gym leader team I'm thinking I may start a randomised playthrough of one of my Roms. I don't know which to do though so I'm going to leave that up to you all with the poll above. :3

Edit: So as I'm looking at it now it seems to be a tie between Yellow and Fire Red. Whilst I've not randomised Yellow before there's more to Fire Red so I'm going with that one :3 First part will be up soonish
Looking for breedjects? Be sure to check out my breeding topic to see if what I'm breeding interests you.

Also if anyone enjoys creepypasta and would like to give their opinions on a Gen 6 story, pm me. I'm always interested in feedback so I can improve.
Ishizai

Re: Randomised Playthrough of Fire Red

Postby Ishizai » Wed May 04, 2016 10:16 pm

Ok so just to say I think I randomised pretty much everything except evolutions so if pokemon end up with weird as heck movesets its coz i've randomised tms, move tutors, movesets and move compatibility lol

Anyway, let's start.

So we start with an old man approaching me. He introduces himself as Professor Oak and tells me a little about the world of Pokémon, using a Dragonair as an example. He then asked me to tell him a little about myself (little creepy is it not?) and then unbelievably he asks whether I'm a boy or a girl. I'm a girl, can't you see that old man? He then asks my name...well its Ishizai. He then introduces me to his grandson who I've apparently been rivals with since we were both babies, weird I don't remember him. Clearly Oak doesn't either as he doesn't even remember his name, wow way to make your grandson feel insignificant in your life. Anyway, I apparently have to give this guy a name...hmm...he looks like he might enjoy sending people to the moon so let's call him Blue.
"Er, was it Blue?" Yes "That's right! I remember now! His name is Blue" Maybe because I just told you that ¬.¬

Anyway, apparently my very own Pokémon legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits, sounds good :3

I start off sitting playing the NES in my bedroom, okay enough of that, time to go! So I go up to the PC in the corner of the room and grab the potion from it.
Talk to mum...and I think something's wrong as that's a blank text box o.o Oh well nevermind, its just mum. Tried speaking to someone else in town and it happened again but I saw some text fly past...maybe setting it to fastest text speed was a mistake. Time to slow down the speed so the randomiser doesn't completely break it.

Off to speak to that old guy again I guess...hmm there's a few people in his lab including that Blue guy but no Professor. Guess I'll just wander off into the grass outside of town then. Oh Oak's telling me not to go out there...where the heck did you come from? Old man must have some weird magic powers...I mean he did shrink me down afterall.
Hmm apparently I need a Pokémon for my own protection and I should follow him...is he going to give me one?

After a quick walk back to the lab, Blue starts complaining that he's fed up of waiting. Oak seems to have forgotten as to why he's there...seriously this guy is a terrible grandfather. Now my attention is brought to a table with three Pokéballs on it, oh goodie I get a Pokémon...yeah I don't care if you used to be a great trainer you do more interesting stuff now...maybe all the studying is why he forgets his own family. Anyway let's see what we've got:

Hoppip which is apparently a Bulbasaur.
Hariyama which is apparently a Squirtle.
Or a Wynaut which is apparently a Charmander...tough choice lol

Well I choose Hariyama, he's really quite energetic or so it tells me...oh a nickname? Yes I think I know exactly what to call this >:3 Welcome to the team Squirtle!

Blue's turn to pick one...looks like he's taking the Hoppip. I want to laugh but something tells me that if I do that I might see the Moon lol. Anyway, time to head out....or not, Blue wants to battle. Ok I guess I've got time. Oak seems to think I've never battled before and proceeds to tell me how its done...thanks old man, let me get on with it.

Woah Squirtle, that starting moveset lol. Growl, Charge, Snatch and Earthquake!...wait isn't Hoppip Grass/Flying...uhoh. Well time to spam growl...and it uses Volt Tackle o.o Well that did 7 damage and recoil...can I maybe still win this? I have that potion after all.

After another bout of volt tackle vs growl it decides to use Follow Me and then Barrier...because I'm doing so much attacking lol. Another Barrier then back to Volt Tackle, oh no a crit! Thankfully I survived on 1 HP, time to use that potion! Whilst I'm at it lets check the item its holding...TM01, ooo interesting, I wonder what it is.
I'm bored of growl, let's switch things up and use Charge, all my moves are useless against this thing anyway lol. Two more Volt Tackles and I'm back to lower health than it...seems I wasted that potion. I knew I shouldn't have made jokes about the Hoppip or the Moon. Well at least this isn't a Nuzlocke lol.

Time to check out that TM :3 And survey says...its Endeavour well that could have been useful >.< Ah well I can finally leave Pallet Town, lets see where the adventure takes us next :3
Looking for breedjects? Be sure to check out my breeding topic to see if what I'm breeding interests you.

Also if anyone enjoys creepypasta and would like to give their opinions on a Gen 6 story, pm me. I'm always interested in feedback so I can improve.
The_Titan_Atlas
Admin
Gym Leader: Chuck
favorite pokemon: Kyogre
Favorite Type: Water
Nature: Bold

Postby The_Titan_Atlas » Wed May 04, 2016 11:50 pm

Very enjoyable! I love how you actually randomised their move sets too. And lol yes hopefully Blue won't send you to the Moon. ;) Keep it up!
Forum Admin
FC: 2251-5153-7182

Makes music for Pimpnite's video intro and sweeps, works in rope access, flies around the world on aeroplanes...
And of course, proud to be LadyKrimzen's favourite scumbag. :kai:
Ishizai

Postby Ishizai » Thu May 05, 2016 12:30 am

So after about one minute of deliberation I taught Squirtle Endeavor, getting rid of Growl.

Now let's get on the road to Viridian City! Route 1, what delights hide in the tall grass here...even though I can't catch anything yet. A Kecleon, nice. Not so nice that Earthquake didn't kill it but at least it missed with Thunder.

Nice Pokémart guy gave me a Potion as a sample. Don't worry, I'd have bought stuff from the Mart when I can anyway.

Pokemon #2 is...Cubone, damn why can't I catch this yet? ;-; And it had Razor Wind lol. Yes random stranger, I know about jumping ledges.

Pokemon #3 is Ho-Oh! Seriously stop throwing these at me before I have Pokéballs! Well that battle went south quickly, time to run away. Used a potion on Squirtle but he has a burn, I need to get to the Pokécenter fast, thankfuklly I was pretty much there already.

Right that's Squirtle all healed up, to the Mart! ...and I still can't buy Pokéballs, gotta take Oak a parcel, I bet he forgot about this thing too. -sigh- Fine. At least thanks to the ledges it doesn't take too long.

Haha Squirtles attached to me after its won 2 battles, lost one and had to run away from another, yeah I must be a great trainer =p Oh so the parcel was a Pokéball...are you trying to rub it in that I don't have any yet? And here comes Blue again, seems forgetfulness runs in the family...no please don't set the Hoppip on me again, I'll be good. Oh look, Pokédexes, yeah lets focus on those....yay Pokéballs now that's what I really wanted. Thanks Oak. Whats that Blue? I'm not needed for filling the Dex, yeah ok that's fine, still gonna go out and catch things though, I am a trainer after all. So you're going to borrow a map from your sister and I've not to go round to your place because your telling her not to give me one...yeah sure Blue that's totally the reason. Well he's gone....off to his place we go :3 And Town Map get, thought you were telling her not to give me one? ;3

Well...I suppose I should go say bye to mum before I head out. Oh she just tells me to take a rest. Ok, bye then you clearly don't care that I'm leaving home to go off into a world where I need a tamed creature to defend me. Especially this one, it doesn't do that great a job yet, but he'll get there. Back into Route 1 we go!

And first potential new team member is...Pichu, well this is going to be quick. Poor thing didn't stand a chance. Next! Plusle...what's with the electric types? One-shot with Earthquake once more, Next! Ah no, not you again Ho-Oh, run away! Will I ever find a new team member? After seemingly being chased by Ho-Oh I finally encounter something that could hopefully make the team, another Cubone...sadly it was not to be, Squirtle seems to want to be alone as he crits it (I doubt it mattered though he's 5 levels higher). Plusle appears and in desperation I just throw a Pokéball but it escapes immediately and responds with Sacred Fire. This is not going well. Screw Route 1.

After a quick stop to heal off yet another Burn, I head to the Mart and buy 4 Potions and 9 Pokéballs because I feel I might need a lot of them. Next I take a quick trip to Route 22 to see what's there. Level 2 Ursaring...still fail to catch it and it responds with Outrage, why does everything hate me? Thankfully at that low level it only does 2 damage. I shall catch you Ursaring! Another 2 Pokéballs, with me stalling with a move to see if it would hurt itself in confusion (it did) and its mine! Welcome to the team Ted. Lets see the rest of your moveset....Quick Attack, Double Kick, Outrage and Luster Purge, nice!

After grinding a bit to raise Ted's levels I come across a male Cacturne and after a close battle and a few Pokéballs I finally catch it and I know exactly what to call this one. Welcome to the team Bram! And thank you for the Parlz Heal. Now what's your moveset? Hail, Poison Tail, Guillotine and Stomp. These movesets are so much better than yours Squirtle.

After more levelling, during which time Bram learned Sludge Bomb and Icicle Spear and Ted tried to but did not learn Sand Tomb, the two had finally caught up to Squirtle who was level 9. I decide that after a quick heal its time to move onto Viridian Forest...but first another old man wants to show me how to catch Pokémon even though I've already caught 2 >.< Damnit old men, stay away from me. Teachy TV? Meh, shove it in the bag I'll probably never pay attention to it anyway, just like the Town Map. On to Route 2, away!

First Pokemon encountered here is Jolteon...yes please. I hesitate, I haven't been able to catch anything without it taking damage yet so I apprehensively hit Quick Attack...and Jolteon is gone. Drat. I shall find another! After wading through oceans of Lotads, Snorunt, Krabby and Kingrdas with awful movesets I find another...and waste all of my Pokéballs on it with no success. -sigh- I have no money either, guess I better go beat up some Trainers.

Into the Forest I go and the first thing I do is look for items which causes me to run into a Taillow. I ignore it and keep going. And the first item is a Charcoal...helpful. Item #2 a Spell Tag. I actually miss the original items right now.

What's this? Bug Catcher Rick wants to battle? Bring it on! Oh wow he actually has a Bug Pokemon, Spinirak, its no match for Ted and his Outrage though. Next up is Omanyte and it survives the Outrage and throws one right back. Ted's confused now so I switch him out for Squirtle. I actually feel like I might be able to face Blue now...and with that thought I feel myself drawn back to Route 22.

I go past the grassy patch and ...there he is! He has another Pokemon as well as his Hoppip now, a Ponyta. It misses with Psycho Boost and Ted hurts it with Double Kick, it then barely scratches him with Bullet Seed and he goes in for the kill. Now its time for the dreaded Hoppip but I know just what to do this time. I switch to Bram and select Icicle Spear...one...two...three hits and its gone. Your Hoppip has failed you this time Blue. Thanks for the money and now back to the Forest, picking up an item I forgot on the way. A Wiki Berry....well I'm sure it'll be good for telling me information about stuff. In the bag it goes.

Next up, Bug Catcher Doug who has...oh no, how could you. Thats a male Hoothoot, how dare you use Emzee against me! This cannot go unpunished and two Outrages takes it out. Rest in Pepperonis. Ninetales follows so I switch to Squirtle and dispatch it with an Earthquake...no Squirtle you're not learning Defense Curl, stop that. One left and its Corsola, Bram's a level behind so I'll let him handle this one. Well I didn't think that one through, his moves are not very effective but he wins without too much hassle anyway. More money for me, woohoo! Oh and item #3, Lax Incense, finally something somewhat useful, I let Bram hold it.

Bug Catcher Anthony who starts off with a Gligar, all knowledge of type effectiveness leaves my brain and I choose an ineffective move, it decides to burrow under the ground. How I wish I had a flying type right now. I waste a Quick Attack, tank the hit from Dig then resort to the usual Outrage. Larvitar is sent in and almost meets the same demise. Despite confusion I try a Double Kick...I should have learned luck is not with me by now. It hits with a second Fire Blast and...no not another burn ;-; Damn now I'll have to go back to the Centre....Squirtle hurry up and finish this. While back in Viridian I nip to the mart, deciding to sell my Spell Tag and Charcoal which nets me a nice 4950. Time to buy a LOT of Pokéballs. I decide to buy 25 Pokéballs and 1 Potion then head back to the Forest.

Yes Bug Catcher Charlie, I do know Pokémon evolve. All the ones I have so far are evolved forms lol. Ah a Wobbuffet, I see you chose the Wynaut starter :3 Its not much of a threat to Ted though. Next up is Slowpoke which is also taken out fairly easily and finally...Metagross? This could be bad. Wait, I have Squirtle, I switch him in after a fruitless attacking attempt and a well placed Earthquake ends the battle. I knew you'd earn your keep soon enough. Next item is a Big Pearl.

Last battle of the forest is against Bug Catcher Sammy who only has one Pokémon, no not again, not another Emzee D: Even Bram seems reluctant to defeat it as he takes all 5 hits of Icicle Spear to do so. I'm sorry Emzee, RIP.

Having beaten everyone I decide I should see if any Pokémon in this area interest me so I wander around for a while until...Espeon! 14 Pokeballs later and I'm getting annoyed. Its used Curse a few times so I decide to try a Stomp...and Bram crits it and kills it, thanks Bram. -Sigh- Clearly I'm just not allowed any of the Eeveelutions. Ah well onto Pewter we go.

Ishizai

Postby Ishizai » Thu May 05, 2016 4:36 am

So after seeing Lax Incense do absolutely nothing (seriously that and Brightpowder never seem to help me) I decided that, after healing, I would nip to the Mart once more and sell it and the Big Pearl for quite a bit of money. All the better for buying many Pokéballs with. There, a total of 54 should be enough....right? Back to Route 2...the bit of it below Pewter anyway. Aha, Jolteon we meet again...15 balls later I say to myself "This is it, I give up" and a miracle happens...the ball catches it! Welcome to the team Salama with your moveset of Rock Throw, Frustration and Moonlight. Well you're 10 levels lower than the rest of the party, time to train. Oh hello level 4 Dodrio lets try a rock throw...confuse ray you say? Guess I'll just hit myself then. Are you serious? Explosion? Now I have to go back to the Centre again -sigh- Very Very glad this isn't a Nuzlocke after how difficult it was to catch that Jolteon.

Ah screw this, I'll just switch out against trainers to level him. To the Centre and then off to face Brock! Well Camper Liam and then Brock.
Camper Liam starts things off with a Slowbro, I switch Salama out for Ted and it uses a Mean Look...that was close. It tanks two hits from Outrage and still hasn't even gone into the red, this could be bad news. Hurt self, hit, hurt self....Ted's HP isn't looking too good, time for a potion and thankfully he's allowed to hit this time and the Slowbro goes down. Ted wants to learn Hyper Voice? Eh why not, lets get rid of Quick Attack. Geodude next...wow apt for this Gym lol. I switch to Salama again then into Squirtle, the Geodude wastes this turn with a Future Sight and I one-shot it with Earthquake next turn. Ted took a beating that battle though so I quickly heal up before I take on Brock.

Your team is all Rock Types is it? But Brock, Marowak is a Ground Type. I switch Salama out for Ted and it Dragon Claws me...well I'll just have to fight Dragon move with Dragon move. However it changes to using Ice Punch and Ted seems to like punching himself in the face too. RIP Ted. Marowak is weakened though and I send out Bram, Sludge Bomb may not have been the best move to pick but he gets the Poison off. It decides to Growl and then dies to the Poison. Silly Brock, Gorebyss isn't a Rock Type either. I keep Bram in and go for another Poison move, alas, no luck with the Poison this time though and it hits hard with a Headbutt but not hard enough. I try a Stomp and still very little damage, this thing is a beast. Another Headbutt and I'm not sure Bram can survive another so I give him a Potion which is a good thing, it would have just taken him out. Still no Poison and it does more damage with Headbutt this time. Sorry Bram. Its up to you now Squirtle! Its faster but I seemed to hit harder there, Squirtle may win this for me yet...Giga Drain! And it was enough to save the Gorebyss...but will you be able to kill me this round Brock? This is where it all ends and no, Headbutt did not do enough damage. I win! Boulder Badge get!
Oh and what's this? Squirtle wants to learn Reversal...well its more useful than Charge lol. Now what's in TM39...its Razor Wind and only Squirtle can learn it...I'm going to pass on that one and just sell it ;3

So, after going to the Mart and rounding myself off to 10 Potions and buying another 6 Pokéballs...it feels more right that I leave this here but screw it, let's continue on until we reach Mt Moon. Oh, Running Shoes! Thanks Oak's Aide, anyway onto the onslaught of challenges!

First up is Lass Janice with a Cacnea, lets see if Salama can hold his own yet. Well it was going ok untill I misclicked, picking Rock Throw again instead of Moonlight....oh wait somehow Salama holds on with 1 HP! A few spams of Moonlight and then a Potion just because it keeps using Sludge to take away most of the HP I get back then I'm free to hit it with Rock Throw again and its finally down. I also noticed I forgot to heal after the gym battle which is not good. On the upside Salama learned Confusion. Janice still has another Pokeémon left though and its Poochyena, lets see what I can do against this thing.
Well that wasn't good, a miss from Salama and then hit kinda hard with an Ice Beam...I'm going to use this turn to heal up Squirtle a little. Your sacrifice was worth it Salama, Squirtle won us the match. Time to actually go heal now.

Next victim...erm I mean challenger is Bug Catcher Colton and he starts with Eevee. Salama hits with the confusion and it immediately uses Soft Boiled...really? =/ I decide I should switch to something that can hit it harder and bring out Ted. Eevee tries to soft boiled again and fails and then gets Double Kicked to death. He then goes to bring out Kirlia and I have to remind myself this is not Gen 6. I switch back to Salama where a battle of Rock Throw commences until the Kirlia changes tactic and uses Extrasensory, nearly wiping out Salama. I switch to Ted again and its crit with Slash is laughable. I test out Hyper Voice, get a crit and the Kirlia goes down. I thought that was it but I hadn't been paying attention, there's still a Swalot to go. I switch to Salama then to Bram as he's a couple levels behind again. It thrashes and eventually is confused, I just have to hope it keeps hitting itself as I don't want to rely on Squirtle right now. Thankfully I don't even have to do that as Stomp does nice damage and keeps flinching it. Bram wants to learn Water Gun...not sure I should have 2 Poison moves but its Water Gun...ugh fine I'll get rid of Poison Tail.

Next to the slaughter is Youngster Ben and he sends out a Sableye...well this is going to be annoying. Salama's health is a little low so I get him to heal with Moonlight and it uses Mud Slap because this battle wasn't annoying enough already. Some how though with the accuracy drop Salama seems to hit with Rock Throw more now. Ok now I'm starting to miss more, time to try switching to Bram. And then it raises its evasiveness...great. After a few annoying rounds Bram almost has it down when it lands a Mega Kick crit and takes him out. D: Ted, its up to you to try now. Clearly Ted is disapproving of the Sableye and has no problem landing Outrage on the first try even after 2 Double Teams. I should have expected all that though, it is Ben afterall ;3 Anyway, Ben follows up his Sableye with a Golduck and I switch back to Salama again, determined to have him catch up in levels. I try a Confusion and he follows that with a Hydro Pump, Salama just holding on with 3 HP. I switch to Squirtle despite not wanting to rely on him, he has the most HP right now and thats a hard hitting STAB move but it doesn't come, instead the Golduck uses Rage. I go for the Earthquake but it Hyper Fangs me first and does less than I'm used to seeing that move do. It lives the Earthquake but is on low HP, I know I can take it out now with another, not even that Hydro Pump can save you now! HaHaHa! Still my team is in rough shape now so back to the PokéCentre I go. #BlameBen

So many Trainers on this Route, maybe I should have left it after Brock lol. Ah it's done now. Anyway next to be beaten is Bug Catcher Greg and he starts off with an Arcanine or should I say RK9 ;3 After 3 turns of Rock Throw vs Fire Spin a 4th Rock Throw finally takes it out. Next up is Venusaur and I decide that even though Salama is a level behind him, I'll swap to Bram. A couple of Icicle Spears and its a goner. Greg then sends in Registeel and I switch instantly to Ted. It takes the Double Kick pretty well and it uses Silver Wind which does a grand total of 4 damage. Next Double kick is death :3 His final Pokémon is Electrode and I decide that I may as well switch to Salama then to Squirtle for Earthquake. Annoyingly, it uses Substitute and then Yawn and another Substitute since it outspeeds me. I kill the Sub again and Squirtle goes to sleep. Thankfully it decides to spam Yawn at this point and I eventually wake up and kill it.

Down over the ledge to Youngster Calvin now who's only Pokémon is Haunter. Thankfully its part Poison meaning Salama's confusion does a nice bit of damage. It retaliates with Psychic which also does a chunk of damage. Have to hope this KO's the Haunter or Salama may be fainted here. And it does. Nice short battle.

Back round and up to face Lass Sally and her Numel. Quick Moonlight to heal up and it tries to use Slack Off but its HP is full. Another one negates my damage from Rock Throw and then surprisingly it uses Extreme Speed. And now Salama doesn't want to hit with Rock Throw again, ugh. Another heal with Moonlight then I decide to switch to Squirtle. And Earthquake brings Numel to a swift end. Feraligtr next and I decide to switch in Ted. Feraligtr goes for Assist and hits Extreme Speed but my Hyper Voice hits a lot harder...not quite hard enough though. It then uses Sacred Fire which crits but isn't enough to save it from the incoming Double Kick which ends the battle. Good work Ted, you deserve a Potion.

Man, there really are quite a few Trainers on this Route. Next up is Bug Catcher James with a Fearow start. Salama get a nice hit in straight away with Rock Throw and it uses Cosmic Power, not enough to save it from the second Rock Throw however. Now for the Pupitar for which I decide to switch in Bram. As I had hoped, Bram one-shots the Pupitar with a Water Gun...glad I let him learn that now.

I decided to try see what was in the grass of this area before the next Trainer battle but unfortunately Lass Robin spotted me so into the battle we go against her Raticate. I decide to see if I can make this quick and switch to Ted. Raticate gets a solid hit with Vital Throw then goes for Tail Whip and falls to Double Kick. Now can I check out the Pokémon in this area?

Grovyle, Weepinbell, Baltoy...oooh a Charmander, oops I killed it. Ah well, Typhlosion, much more interesting. Sustained a burn but I still managed to catch it pretty quickly. Welcome to the team Vesuvius. Moveset of Double Team, Fury Cutter, Poison Fang and Heat Wave. Bit of grinding in this area and the grassy area closer to Mt Moon when what do I find bur Luvdisc. Oh yeah, gotta catch that >:3 One Poison Fang and Pokéball later and welcome to the team Lovdisc! Moveset of Dragon Claw and Peck and holding TM26 which is...Howl, something to sell. Anyway, Lovdisc is Poisoned so I head to the Centre and finally I've reached Mt Moon.

Team: Lv 7 Lovdisc
Lv 10 Vesuvius
Lv 14 Salama
Lv 15 Ted
Lv 15 Squirtle
Lv 15 Bram

The_Titan_Atlas
Admin
Gym Leader: Chuck
favorite pokemon: Kyogre
Favorite Type: Water
Nature: Bold

Postby The_Titan_Atlas » Thu May 05, 2016 11:47 am

Building up a solid team! Silly Ted, always punching itself in the face. :P
Forum Admin
FC: 2251-5153-7182

Makes music for Pimpnite's video intro and sweeps, works in rope access, flies around the world on aeroplanes...
And of course, proud to be LadyKrimzen's favourite scumbag. :kai:
Ishizai

Postby Ishizai » Thu May 05, 2016 12:14 pm

The_Titan_Atlas wrote:Building up a solid team! Silly Ted, always punching itself in the face. :P

Yeah I'm not quite sure why he enjoys doing that its rather annoying lol

Cstylzzz
Site Admin
Gym Leader: Blaine
Gym Leader: Blaine
favorite pokemon: Cacturne
Favorite Type: Dark Type
Team Sun Or Moon: Team Sun
Nature: Modest

Postby Cstylzzz » Thu May 05, 2016 1:52 pm

BRAM HYPE :p
Some of my fav quotes
People Come And Go But Friends Are Eternal
If It Wasn't For The Gutter My Mind Would Be Homeless
Don't Let Schooling Interfere With Your Education
The World Pushes Us Without Mercy And When Some Push Back The World Points And Cries Evil
It better to die on your feet then to live on your knees

Fc: 2380-6825-8256 Ign: Cstylzzz For Trades
Fc: 4485-2376-4055 Ign: Cstylzzz For Battles
Pimpnite
Admin
favorite pokemon: Dragonite
Favorite Type: Dragon
Nature: Adamant

Postby Pimpnite » Thu May 05, 2016 3:32 pm

This was a fun read :P
Talonflame Is by far the hardest pokemon to use followed closely by Mega Rayquaza :kai: FC: 2165-6175-8486 IGN: Pimp
Ishizai

Postby Ishizai » Thu May 05, 2016 4:45 pm

Ah the flashbacks to what happened last time. Hey! What cheek from you game! "You took on Leader Brock with Hariyama and won somehow!" I won because Squirtle is awesome now. Hmm most of this is me buying and selling stuff at the Mart lol.

So we rejoin the adventure at the PokéCentre on Route 4, just outside Mt Moon. I decide that I won't go into Mt Moon just yet and head down to the grassy area to train up Lovdisc and Vesuvius a little more.

During one of my trips to the PokéCentre I decide to speak to the people inside it. Some guy offers me a Magikarp for 500 which seems like a decent price. Dunno why you're calling that outrageous game, Godkarp is worth it....hang on a minute! This is a Castform not a Magikarp! Damn scammers! Ah well, I know a way around this so that he wasn't technically telling a lie...Meet my PC Magikarp :3 A quick check reveals that Magikarp only knows Mega Kick which isn't too bad, it could have been worse. Anyway, back to grinding! During the leveling Lovdisc learns Rain Dance and Vesuvius gets told not to learn Dream Eater.

Now that those two are level 14 and thus caught up to at least Salama, I head into Mt Moon. I immediately head towards the item to the left and come across a Linoone on the way over. During the battle it uses Will-o-Wisp and burns my Lovdisc, what is it with this game and having everything use something to burn my team? Well I suppose it is Fire Red ;3 I grab the item,TM11 Dig, which I teach to Salama over Frustration. Heading back to the PokéCentre I run into an Arcanine. Yet another one that really resists being caught but eventually I do manage. Say Hi to the PC Cata :3 After healing I check Cata's moveset: Fire Spin, Flame Wheel, Camouflage and Guillotine.

Heading back into Mt Moon, I sneak around Bug Catcher Kent and grab a Max Potion before turning back from the dead end and facing him. He starts off with a Granbull which swiftly takes out my Lovdisc so Salama is sent in and does a bit better but is still taken out by two Mega Kicks. Vesuvius' turn and thankfully its low enough health for him to finish it off. Kent then sends in Victreebel which is immediately decimated by Heat Wave. A hard fought battle won, now to go heal yet again.

After healing I finally go in the right direction and am challenged by Lass Iris and her Poochyena which managed to poison my Lovdisc...at this rate the PokéCentre will start charging me lol. Two Dragon Claws have the battle over quickly so I can now go cure Lovdisc. Returning to the cave I soon find myself coming across a wild Seviper, I love Seviper so I'm going to try and catch this...or I can be silly and go for a super effective confusion from Salama and kill it. Ah well I'm sure I'll find another. Down the first ladder I go and I have my first encounter with Team Rocket!

He starts this battle with a Spinirak which instantly falls to Rock Throw. Jynx follows and 2 Digs are enough to take it out. Salama and Vesuvius are both Level 16 now and Salama wants to learn Teeter Dance. After some consideration I decide not to let him. I switch to Bram to face off against the Grunt's Fearow and I get deja vu as it takes 2 uses of Icicle Spear to kill it and it uses Cosmic Power...that did happen with the last Fearow too right? This lets Bram join the Lv 16 club. After grabbing the Potion that was in that room I head back, running into a Mudkip as I do. After 10 balls I get annoyed and just kill it.

Once back up the ladder I head straight down...hey that Mudkip evolved into a Swampert it seems though it seems to die more easily now. I grab yet another Potion before challenging Super Nerd Jovan. He sends out Squirtle...so that's what they're supposed to look like. Ted Fus Ro Dah's it to death and levels up, just Lovdisc thats behind now. With this in mind I switch Lovdisc in as Jovan sends out his Nincada and its swiftly defeated. Another Seviper gets in the way of the next item but its male so I let it escape.

Grabbing the Sacred Ash, I head up and face off against Bug Catcher Robby who has a Torchic lead. It doesn't last long against Lovdisc's Dragon Claw though. Lunatone is up next and it takes the Dragon Claw well, critting me with Absorb in return. With Lovdisc's HP getting low I switch to Ted who kicks that imposter Moon in the face. His last Pokémon is Sudowoodo and I decide to just keep Ted in instead of switching back. It falls to the power of Ted's feet and the battle ends. Heading up on the other side I find a Dragon Fang which I give to Lovdisc to power its Dragon Claw. I find another male Seviper immediately afterwards and kill it out of annoyance. Lovdisc levels and learns Frustration, clearing mirroring my feelings. I reward Lovdisc with a Potion, meaning I don't have to go back to the Centre and continue on. I encounter a man who says he's looking for fossils and that sometimes Brock helps him. Good luck to you I suppose.

Heading to the left, Lass Miriam runs into me and rudely attacks me with her Charmeleon. I have Lovdisc claw it up a bit and then she goes to send in Ninjask. I switch to Salama and the Ninjask is quickly buried under rocks. That'll teach her for attacking people who are just walking along minding their own business. Onwards I go and down another ladder. I grab TM09 Grudge then get spotted by another Grunt who sends out Skiploom. I have a momentary flashback to that dreaded Hoppip before remembering that I have its weakness, I switch in Bram who Icicle Spears it to death. Next the Grunt sends in Jolteon so I send in Salama to see who has the better one. Since Salama has Dig and is 5 levels higher it comes as no surprise that he quickly destroys the opposing Jolteon and ends the battle. Checking out the nearby big rock nets me a White Herb and then its back up the ladder.

Youngster Josh wants to know if I came to explore the cave too. No not really, I need to pass through to get to the next town...also battling is not exploring. He starts off with a Gyarados, so that's who got the real Magikarp that guy was selling! After some struggling with confusion caused by its Dynamic Punch Gyarados starts to use Struggle, guess its got no more moves. Vesuvius finally snaps out of confusion and puts it out of its misery. Vesuvius levels and so I switch in Bram to face the Carvanha. Obviously this Youngster never got the message not to mess with Bram and he's taught this lesson as Bram one-shots his Carvanha with a Sludge Bomb. Shuckle brings up the rear and after trying all of his other moves Bram eventually destroys it with a Water Gun, having just shrugged off the Skull Bashes. Bram Hype.

Apparently a kid walking through a cave and stopping to talk to someone scares Hiker Marcos and we end up battling. Bram is unamused with his Wigglytuff and Sludge Bombs it to death. This causes him to reach LV17 where he wants to learn Double Kick, well he is an admin he should have the ability to kick people and I rarely use Stomp so I replace it with Double Kick. Bram doesn't get to try out his new move yet though as I swap in Squirtle to face off against Marcos (Polos) Slowbro who takes it out with 2 Earthquakes....makes me wonder, is it really a good idea to be using that move inside a cave? Anyway, next up is Shroomish and I decide to send in Ted. Another Hyper Voice kill and I'm considering changing his name to DovahBear orsomething lol. Battle over and I head to the top to grab a Ganlon Berry before heading down the ladder.

What awaits me down here is terrifying. I move away from the ladder and suddenly my path is blocked by the Immortal Egg! I forgot to switch my lower levelled Squirtle or Ted to the front of my party and thus Bram is sent to face this incredible foe. Bram laughs at its claim of being Immortal however and swiftly disposes of it with Sludge Bomb. Bram OP. I switch Squirtle to the front of the party and continue on my way. After heading down the next ladder I head up and pick up Harbor Mail. Well I guess I can at least sell it. The next Team Rocket Grunt tells me kids shouldn't be messing around with grown-ups...what are you trying to imply mate? You're going to pay for it anyway. He sends in Electrode which after a pitiful Crunch is slain by Earthquake. Squirtle goes to Level 17. Exploud is next and I switch to Ted who nearly kicks it down but it survives on a small amount of HP and retaliates with a Thunder Punch. Another Kick and the battle is over with my whole team now being Level 17.

My team is looking tired but its probably still better to keep soldiering on to the next Centre rather than go back now. Another Grunt stops me and goes on about how Team Rocket will find the fossils. Dude I don't care, I just want to get to Cerulean. He sends in Electrode and after Lovdisc uses Dragon Claw to bring it to low-ish HP it decides to Sub, taking it down to almost nothing. Another Claw immediately breaks the sub but unfortunately it had used Yawn before hand and Lovdisc falls asleep. Lovdisc eventually wakes up and finishes it off but is low on HP itself so when the Grunt goes to send in Hitmonlee I switch to Bram. Bram is clearly trolling this thing as his Sludge Bomb leaves it with almost no HP left then poisons it. Its tries to Giga Drain but only manages to do 1 damage before succumbing to the poison damage. Finally, I'm allowed to continue on and, grabbing another Wiki Berry from a nearby rock, I head up.

I sigh as Super Nerd Miguel seems to immediately think I'm going to steal one of his fossils he's found and blocked the path with. Do I look like a thief? Chimecho comes out and Lovdisc uses its last Dragon Claw on it to underwhelming effect. I use Potions to keep Lovdisc's HP up as she slowly Pecks it to death. Its a close call but Lovdisc manages to beat it. The battle's not over though as Miguel chooses Shuckle next. Well I know what to do with this. Bram, its time for another Water Gun...or rather 2 but still, Shuckle goes down. Lastly its a Parasect so I decide to let Vesuvius have this one and he crits with Heat Wave even though he likely didn't need to. So apparently because I defended myself against this guy I get to take a Fossil? Sure ok, why not. Hmmm, which one to chose, Dome Fossil or Helix Fossil? Let's go with the Dome :3 With this choice made I'm able to grab a Luxury Ball I pass by and limp out of the cave.

I head over to the Move Tutors and see what they have to offer. One thinks Spark is the ultimate attack and it would be helpful if Salama could learn it but sadly its not to be this time so I give it to Squirtle, he's in need of another good move that's not Earthquake after all. The other guy thinks Dizzy Punch is the ultimate attack and only Lovdisc is able to learn this one. I decide to let her learn it over Rain Dance anyway....or my down arrow can not register the second hit and I can learn it over Peck instead...oh well that move wasn't doing much damage to things anyway. Having been poisoned by a wild pokemon in the cave, Squirtle faints as I head towards town. Don't worry buddy, we'll be there soon to revive you I just have to pick up TM49 Curse first.

I decide to check out the grassy area before town first and am instantly met with a familiar sight...Charmander. Wow these things seem to live on both sides of Mt Moon. After another Charmander I find a Beautifly, Gloom and then a Dratini...its female though. I decide to search for a male but that plan is suddenly forgotten as the next Pokemon appears, Mewtwo! Taking a break from Cerulean Cave are we? This thing takes Salama's moves like they're nothing but when its at half health Salama gets mad and crits it. Bad Salama! I wanted to catch that. Well back to the hunt for male Dratini I guess....or I could find Mewtwo again first, awesome. I run out of PP for Rock Throw and Dig so whittle it down a little more to reach red with Confusion...and Mewtwo gets confused. I pray that it doesn't kill itself in confusion and it doesn't. It doesn't like the Luxury Ball but at least it snapped out of confusion, will any of the 24 Pokéballs I have catch it? As I try to find out it crits Salama and KO's him. Despite him being weak to one of its moves I send in Bram as he has the most HP left. With 4 balls left and having ran out of Potions I have to use the Max Potion to save Bram. It was all for nought...I run out of Pokéballs. I let Bram kill it. As I go to leave the grass, dejected, another decides to rub it in. Bram uses it to get to Lv 19.

Finally, I reach the Centre in Cerulean. Join me next time where I try again to find a Male Dratini and go after my second Badge.

Return to “Interactive Playthrough”