Epic Doubles Strategies!

Post any of your unique and creative Double Battle movesets.
Please be sure not to post any movesets from communities such as Smogon or Nugget Bridge.
The_Titan_Atlas
Admin
Gym Leader: Chuck
favorite pokemon: Kyogre
Favorite Type: Water
Team Sun Or Moon: Team Moon
Nature: Bold

Epic Doubles Strategies!

Postby The_Titan_Atlas » Wed May 04, 2016 6:02 pm

I'll go first, then. This is a set I came up about a year ago, maybe even a bit longer.

Kecleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Skill Swap
- Foul Play
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Regigigas @ Life Orb
Ability: Slow Start
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Heavy Slam

The main point of this duo is to pass Kecleon's Protean on to Regigigas using Skill Swap. You then have a Protean Regigigas ready to decimate the opponent's team. In return, Kecleon gains Slow Start, which it can then pass across the field to cripple an opponent.

Kecleon runs a full physically defensive EV spread. Its Special Defence is very good already, so bringing it HP and Defence up to scratch makes it a really nice mixed wall, ensuring that it can do what needs to be done whilst sponging attacks in the process. Foul Play serves as a way for it to deal damage, especially against physical Pokemon that try to set up on it. Recover keeps its HP healthy, and Thunder Wave is a useful move to disrupt opponents.

Regigigas runs a full sweeping set and EV spread, maximising its speed and attack as much as possible. It gets a nice variety of moves, and with Protean it will get STAB on every one of them. Even without investment, it still has solid bulk due to its great HP and defences. Drain Punch helps somewhat to balance out the Life Orb recoil, whilst Heavy Slam hits like a nuke, demolishing Fairy-types among other things, since Regigigas is one of the heaviest Pokemon in the game. Knock Off is useful for removing items, and Fire Punch carries a chance to burn.

If you can successfully set up this set, it's hard to stop! Have fun. ;)
Forum Admin
FC: 2251-5153-7182

Makes music for Pimpnite's video intro and sweeps, works in rope access, flies around the world on aeroplanes...
And of course, proud to be LadyKrimzen's favourite scumbag. :kai:
LadyKrimZen
Admin
Elite Four: Karen
favorite pokemon: Mightyena
Favorite Type: Dark Types
Team Sun Or Moon: Team Moon
Nature: Timid

Re: Epic Doubles Strategies!

Postby LadyKrimZen » Wed May 04, 2016 9:35 pm

One method I've found that does work with this is Skill Swap with either any move that gets boosted upon being hit or Trick Room if you run 0IV, EV and Hindering Speed Nature on Regigias. Can even take extra steps to ensure its slow enough to go first by giving it Iron Ball or hit it with a Bulldoze (hits all 3 Pokemon on the field).

With the Trick Room strat you can then focus all EVs in Attack or Bulk it out further which is a massive plus!
Another thing to note with Regigigas is that it learns the move Gravity through Tutor which opens up great opportunities as well ranging from 100% accuracy or removing Flying-Type immunity or Levitate Immunity from Pokemon. Might be a good combo if you have a 4th gen Regigigas with Mega Punch; or Rock Slide spam and hope for those flinches!

Even just using Regigigas to pass Slow Start to faster Pokemon in order to transform them into Trick Room Pokemon can also work.
Forum Board Admin KrimZen The Pokeologist

FC 3153-4311-5785 IGN KrimZen
(Do not spam me with battle or trade request! I will ask if I wish to battle/trade!)
Preferred Tiers PU, LC, Doubles/VGC, 4th Gen Tiers
Blue Oak
Admin Blue: Double Battle Champion
Admin Blue: Double Battle Champion

Postby Blue Oak » Wed May 04, 2016 11:33 pm

Francis Richardson! with the shenanigans :kai:
-This is what I, Kanto's top-level Trainer, can really do!
-You're tough, I'll give you that. But there's always someone better. You have to be more dedicated! Smell ya later!
FC 2552-3113-4334 IGN Blue
Xiaphearix
New Trainer

Postby Xiaphearix » Mon May 09, 2016 9:07 pm

I don't have exact stats you'd need to apply. But I once tried out a gimmick which surprisingly worked.

It's basically having a contrary Serperior, next to a skillswap Gallada. Use Skill Swap. Then Close Combat until you're a bulky Gallade. Maybe Rest for recovery.
As I said, nothing with real structure, but it was an idea which kind of worked.
Skinnyman5000
New Trainer
Team Sun Or Moon: Team Sun

Postby Skinnyman5000 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:25 pm

Skill swap is just broken for doubles...
Sigilyph with magic guard uses skill swap on an Emboar* is a great set as well

*Emboar-Life Orb
Adamant
126 HP
112Attk
136 Def/S.Def

Flare Blitz
Head Smash
Wild Charge
PU-Punch/Poison Jab... Sadly it does not learn Drain Punch...

Emboar will take NO recoil damage including Life Orb which makes it greatly offensive with 341 Attk. EV are spread to provide longevity with 392 HP and 200 in both defenses at lvl 100.
You could even go a step further and make it Brave with 0 speed IV for a trick room team as Sigilyph learns that as well through TM.
This is the most original signature you have probably ever seen

Return to “Original Double Battle Movesets”