READ ME: Gym Leader Castle Challenge Main Topic

Wanna live the dream of becoming one of the illustrious Gym Leaders of the Pokemon World? Or rule the Alola Region as Champion in the Island Challenge? Well now is your chance with these special challenges!
Want to know how? Then this forum is for you!

Board and Challenge run by Admin Blue

NOTE: Currently under construction so might be affected by future changes.
Blue Oak
Admin Blue: Double Battle Champion

READ ME: Gym Leader Castle Challenge Main Topic

Postby Blue Oak » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:30 pm

Summary
The Island Challenge is a re-creation of the Pokemon Stadium (1 and 2)games. Obviously there will be some more modern twists to the classic setting. Here are the Battle Rules.

Usable Games
Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon

Rules
• This competition uses Double Battle format
• Players may use pokemon with National Pokedex number 1 through 807 with the exception of the following: Solgaleo, Lunala, Marshadow, Magearna, Necrozma, Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcoleion, Zeraora, Ash Greninja.
•You can use either one mega or one of these legendary pokemon in your team. You cannot use both. The allowed legends are: Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Suicune, Raikou, Entei, Latias, Latios, Regice, Registeel, Regirock, Regigigas, Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, Cresselia, Heatran, Terrakion, Cobalion, Virizion, Thundurus, Landorus, Tornadus, Any of the ultra beasts.
• The default format is the Doubles Battle format. It will use “Normal Rules” and all 6 pokemon
If the particpant and gym leader agree on a different battle format/rules, those new rules can be used. In the event of a disagreement, the default format is used
• All pokemon must hold different items
• No more than TWO opponent pokemon can be put to sleep
• In the event of a disconnect, depending on the the number of turns and other circumstances, the match against the gym leader must be replayed. If the conditions can not be replicated, then the match ends with the gym leader victory
• Do NOT spoil the gym leaders teams. If you spoil a gym leader's team, you will be rewarded with an exceedingly long moon trip. Repeats will be disqualified from the challenge.

Participation Requirements
• A pimpnite chat and forum account
• Said account must not be on the Moon or the Center of Galaxy

Rematch wait periods
• Patreons can compete against a Gym Leader or Elite Four once every day
• Non-patreons can compete against a Gym Leader or Elite Four once every 2 days
• A participant can have up to 1 battle per day. Anymore battles, will be penalized by an extended time delay. repeats will be disqualified.

Rainbow Rocket Battle
• When a participant wins a badge, they are forced to roll a dice (6 sided dice). If the result of the roll is: 3,4 or 5 the participant is assigned a rainbow rocket battle.
• Rainbow Rocket battles must be taken care off by battling against any rainbow rocket approved admin or grunt.
• If the participant loses, the rainbow rocket member will steal one of their badges and the participant has to win the badge again in a gym battle.
• Gym battles (no E4 or champion ) cannot be taken if the participant has an assigned rainbow rocket battle. They must complete the RR battle before continuing to challenge gyms

When do we start?
• Your quest to be the very best like I am starts on December 9th
• Your quest will last until forever (for now :kai: )
• Every 2 months at the 1st day (example: June 1st, Aug 1st etc) the region will switch between Kanto and Johto
• You do NOT lose your progress when a region is switched

Team construction rules for participants
• Choose a starting class from the following google doc. [url]Pending[/url]
View the perks of each class and the allowed Pokemon per class (Perks link:Pending)
• You can use any items on your pokemon. Item clause still holds (not duplicate items)
• You can use any form of a pokemon (Alola and traditional)
• Mega pokemon are allowed
• Teams may use pokemon with National Pokedex number 1 through 802 with the exception of the following: Solgaleo, Lunala, Marshadow, Magearna, Necrozma, Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcoleion.
•You can use either 1 mega or one of these legendary pokemon in your team. You cannot use both: Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Suicune, Raikou, Entei, Latias, Latios, Regice, Registeel, Regirock, Regigigas, Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, Cresselia, Heatran, Terrakion, Cobalion, Virizion, Thundurus, Landorus, Tornadus, Any of the ultra beasts.
Once your team is ready, you will register that team in the google sheet. You can change one pokemon from your team per match (Won or Lost). This is done to prevent hard team counters. The registered team will only list the pokemon species. Moves, items, abilities and spreads will NOT be registered. The one pokemon rule change is not cumaltive. That is, you only get 1 change after each battle battle (Except during the E4 challenge. You stick with 6 pokemon but can change your sets) and if you don't use it, you lose it
• All pokemon must have movesets/bred/obtained in Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon only.

Team construction rules for Gym Leaders
• You may choose any pokemon that your Gym Leader uses in the game, anime, manga and TCG
• You can use any items on your pokemon. Item clause still holds (not duplicate items)
• Teams may use pokemon with National Pokedex number 1 through 807 with the exception of the following: Solgaleo, Lunala, Marshadow, Megearna, Necrozma, Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcoleion, Zeraora, Ash Greninja.
•You can use either one mega AND one of these legendary pokemon in your team. The legendary pokemon must be in the list of available pokemon for the Gym Leader. Allowed legendary pokemon are: Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Suicune, Raikou, Entei, Latias, Latios, Regice, Registeel, Regirock, Regigigas, Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, Cresselia, Heatran, Terrakion, Cobalion, Virizion, Thundurus, Landorus, Tornadus, Any of the ultra beasts.
• When accepting challenges a Gym Leader can change their team on the fly. However, when the Gym Leaders are doing the quest to become champions they will follow the same rules as those of challengers (example: 1 pokemon change after each battle).

Team construction rules for Rainbow Rocket members
• You may choose any pokemon that your Rainbow Rocket Leader uses in the game, anime, manga and TCG
• Teams may use pokemon with National Pokedex number 1 through 807 with the exception of the following: Solgaleo, Lunala, Marshadow, Megearna, Necrozma, Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcoleion, Zeraora, Ash Greninja (Append rule below)
(Append Rule: Nerf) You can use either one mega OR one legendary pokemon in your team. The legendary pokemon must be in the list of available pokemon for the Rainbow Rocket Leader (Including it's form). For example: Maxie can only use Standard Groudon. Primal form is not allowed.
• When taking challenges a Rainbow Rocket, Rainbow Rockets can change their team on the fly.

Track your Status
See your collection!

So how do we play?
• You first select which starting class you want (See the team construction rules. The current available class is "Classic"). See the following google doc for the perks and allowed Pokemon for each class.
• you select which Gym Leader you want to challenge
• You can challenge an Elite Four after you get 2 badges.
When challenged by Rocket Admins. you CANNOT turn down the challenge. (Git rekt :kai:). In the event you are not on the chat, you will not be able to continue your quest unless you complete the Rocket battle. You can only have 1 rocket battle per day.
• You may challenge an Elite Four member for every 2 badges you earn
• Once you are a champion, any other participants, gym leaders or Elite Four will try to take the title away from you. If you lose you will need to clear the E4 again.
• The winner of the champion defense battle is the new champion. The champion is expected be to be around to accept challengers.
• ANYONE in the challenge (captains, kahunas, participants, the snorlax and Kappa Meme) will be able to challenge the E4 and champion if he/she/it meet the requirements. Bois and gurls will you let Pimpovanni win and control the League?

Role Assignments (Check the google sheet for up to date information
Kanto Castle
Brock: Eldercleric
Misty: Ekard
Lt. Surge: BlazingLava
Erika: Jerm, medstudent
Janine: Voidan
Sabrina: Brendan
Blaine: Nishingo
Blue: Yours truly

Johto Castle
Falkner: Ekard
Bugsy: Eldercleric
Whitney: Jerm
Morty: Nishingo
Chuck: Voidan
Jasmine: BlazingLava, medstudent
Pryce: Yours truly
Clair: Brendan

E4
Johto
Will
Bruno:
Karen
Lance

Kanto:
Koga
Loreli
Agatha
Red: Goddamit

Team Rainbow Rocket
Giovanni: Picklenite
Cyrus: Cstylzzz
Ghetsis:
Lysandre:
Maxie:
Archie:

Champion
Top % Rat Mastah: Eldercleric

Other notes
• Players that win will receive a badge the respective Gym Leader
• The badge collection will be posted on a publicly view-able google doc
• It is preferred if a challenger uses the same username in the chat, forum and the google doc
• Finally most importantly. HAVE FUN.
• 1 min moon trips for epic fails (or wins) :kai: :kai:

Frequently Asked Questions
Q01: Can I be a Gym Leader/E4?
A01: as much as I would love to rek you 24/7, yes totally. Just pick a character, make a team using that character's pokemon from the games, anime and Manga. and let me know. Or just let me know so you won't waste that time when the spot is taken

Q02: Some characters don't use the full evolutionary line of a pokemon. Can I use the final stage evolution?
A02: Yes. For example, if the gym leader has an electabuzz back in gen 2. you can build his/her team using an electivire if you want. Another example: Let's say the Captain/Kahuna has a Poliwrath. You can use a Politoad. You can also use a Politoad AND a Poliwrath on the same team

Q03: Can I switch my character class mid challenge?
A03: No. If you want to, you will have to restart the entire challenge from scratch.

Q04: Do I have to use the same movesets as the original Gym Leader?
A04: nope, use w/e strategies and movesets you want.

Q05: Can I rematch a Gym Leader I already defeated?
A05: Yes

Q06: So which spots are available?
A06: See the announcement topic in the forum

Q07: Can I be a champ?
A07: Hell no boi/gurl, go collect your badges like the scrub you are and win the league. Unless you cleared the previous challenge then it's a different ... story :kai:

Q08: If I'm a Gym Leader and I'm a backup for another Gym Leader how do I go on to win badges and become the champ?
A08: Simple. Pick one role and go with it. If you change your mind, you will have to restart

Q09: Can a Rocket Admin steal from his grunts? What if the grunts want to steal from their boss?
A09: Rocket Admins and leaders can challenge grunts and steal stones from them. However grunts cannot steal stones from their bosses. RIP grunts :kai:
Last edited by Cstylzzz on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-This is what I, Kanto's top-level Trainer, can really do!
-You're tough, I'll give you that. But there's always someone better. You have to be more dedicated! Smell ya later!
FC 2552-3113-4334 IGN Blue
Nishingo
Rookie Trainer

Re: READ ME: Gym Leader Castle Challenge Main Topic

Postby Nishingo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:42 pm

Sweet :kai:

Should we request gym/rocket roles here or elsewhere? :kai:

If so, Morty and Blaine :kai:
Last edited by Nishingo on Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always Hard Mode :kai:
Jerm
Rookie Trainer
favorite pokemon: Venusaur
Favorite Type: Grass
Team Sun Or Moon: Team Sun

Postby Jerm » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:49 pm

I have a litle doubt/I just want to make sure abou this, so here it goes:

• All pokemon must have movesets/bred/obtained in Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon only.

Pokémon that are transfered from VC of Gen 1 (and Gen 2 if that works by then), can't be used at all?

Thanks in advance for reading jojojo
BlazingLava
New Trainer
favorite pokemon: scumbirb
Favorite Type: 420
Team Sun Or Moon: Team Moon

Postby BlazingLava » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:49 pm

If we don't get USUM are we unable to take part?
Sooo cold....
Blue Oak

Postby Blue Oak » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:23 am

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. For now assume it'll be in USUM :kai:
-You're tough, I'll give you that. But there's always someone better. You have to be more dedicated! Smell ya later!
Ryan_Sparks
Rookie Trainer
favorite pokemon: Pikachu
Favorite Type: Electric

Postby Ryan_Sparks » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:41 am

The time has finally come. We have worked tirelessly, showing everyone why Team Rocket should be feared. All our efforts are finally paying off. Pimpvanni will finally return...
Try to electrify me! Image
FC:1306-9483-4964 IGN: Ryan
Pimpnite
Admin
favorite pokemon: Dragonite
Favorite Type: Dragon
Nature: Adamant

Postby Pimpnite » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:29 am

BlazingLava wrote:If we don't get USUM are we unable to take part?

Depends on their Interaction, will have to see when USUM comes out etc
Talonflame Is by far the hardest pokemon to use followed closely by Mega Rayquaza :kai: FC: 2165-6175-8486 IGN: Pimp
Nishingo
Rookie Trainer

Postby Nishingo » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:48 pm

Blue Oak wrote: All pokemon must have movesets/bred/obtained in Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon only.

How will this affect Kanto Exeggutor, Marowak, Raichu?
Also, do we need to verify that they are bred in gen vii, or just ensure no earlier gen moves are present? :kai:
Blue Oak

Postby Blue Oak » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:41 am

Nishingo wrote:
Blue Oak wrote: All pokemon must have movesets/bred/obtained in Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon only.

How will this affect Kanto Exeggutor, Marowak, Raichu?
Also, do we need to verify that they are bred in gen vii, or just ensure no earlier gen moves are present? :kai:

Silly Sango, it won't affect them at all :kai:

Just Ensure their movesets are gen 7 movesets :kai:
Nishingo
Rookie Trainer

Postby Nishingo » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:18 pm

So... will week one be Kanto or Johto? :kai:

Return to “PIMP Chat Challenges (Current: Gym Leader Castle Challenge)”