Funny/Embarassing Showdown Moments

D-Nite Hiryu
New Trainer
favorite pokemon: Dragonite
Favorite Type: Dragon
Team Sun Or Moon: Team Moon

Funny/Embarassing Showdown Moments

Postby D-Nite Hiryu » Mon May 02, 2016 1:41 pm

I assume a lot of you are familiar with Pokemon Showdown.
Anyways, have you had any instances in battles where you wanted to laugh like crazy? Or any instances where you regret a move you made?
Here would be a great place to post it. (At least I think I picked the right area for this thread...)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-355567858
In this battle, I had a Shieldon that I used to win an LC Battle. I gave it a Special Set (Because why not? Shieldon's attack stats are both equal) and the only time I use Ancient Power in that battle, was the one time where I DIDN'T need the boost: At the very end of the battle. Talk about a Derp moment right there...
Also, I'm a little embarrassed about the Fletchling set that I used in this battle. (You'll see why later)
"Don't curse the darkness - light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade."*
*Hades (Kid Icarus Uprising, Chapter 16)
Pimpnite
Admin
Nature: Adamant

Re: Funny/Embarassing Showdown Moments

Postby Pimpnite » Sun May 08, 2016 10:37 pm

Nice place to exchange shown battle urls ^^

AP boost Is so rare sadly D=
Talonflame Is by far the hardest pokemon to use followed closely by Mega Rayquaza :kai: FC: 2165-6175-8486 IGN: Pimp
Snurfsnarf
Admin
favorite pokemon: Rayquaza
Favorite Type: Anything but Fairy
Team Sun Or Moon: Team Sun
Nature: Modest

Postby Snurfsnarf » Sun May 08, 2016 11:17 pm

Haven't played on Showdown in a while, but I have some old replays stockpiled. One of my favorites is an old 5th gen match from way before 6th gen even came out.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu11061925

According to the upload date, this match is over three years old. O_o

So I am 5thGenIsShit in this replay. I had played a good bit of 4th gen, but when 5th gen came out, I hated the new metagame as much as I hated Black/White. So, I avoided competitive Pokemon for a while, bar the occasional 4th gen match with a friend. Skip forward to 2013, and Showdown had become very popular. My friends were playing a bit of Showdown, so I decided to join the bandwagon and try it out. Well, my opinion didn't change. NU was the only tier I even considered bearable. So, I designed a team with the intention not of winning, but of being just plain annoying. It was my way of getting enjoyment out of Showdown. Perhaps it worked a little too well, however, when I came across the fellow in this replay. Bear in mind, this is 2013, so things like Shadow Tag and Swagger were completely legal. After falling victim to my Gothorita strategy (trap the opponent with Shadow Tag, Trick a Choice Scarf and hope to lock them into a status move, Torment, then let them die to Struggle recoil), he complained that my unreliable gimmick strategy was "op much" and "the reason people are leaving showdown," which I'm pretty sure was not actually a thing that was happening.

I'll share some more replays another time. Don't wanna link them all at once! =P
Pimpnite
Admin
Nature: Adamant

Postby Pimpnite » Mon May 09, 2016 4:44 pm

Snurfsnarf wrote:So I am 5thGenIsShit in this replay.

As soon as I opened It I knew haha :p
Talonflame Is by far the hardest pokemon to use followed closely by Mega Rayquaza :kai: FC: 2165-6175-8486 IGN: Pimp
Vanishing_Umbreon
Rookie Trainer
favorite pokemon: XD001
Favorite Type: shadow

Postby Vanishing_Umbreon » Fri May 20, 2016 3:11 pm

I don't have the replay but in the CAP tier I had a +4 spatk sunkern on the field with sun up, and my opponent had a dragon-electric type with access to fire blast and slack off, my solar beams did 1/3 of this pokes hp and so it just used slack off when it got low. 8 fire blast misses later it dragon pulsed me and took me down to my sash.
darthchaos
Rookie Trainer
favorite pokemon: Sceptile

Postby darthchaos » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:10 am

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-390712600
Full Jirachi sweep. Completely unintentional, but brilliant. Chalk one up for parahax

EDIT: same team, much hax and 1 Doexys-D, gg
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-403075730
Last edited by darthchaos on Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let's have fun now that you're here. Let's go Sceptile!
FC:1392 7922 5426 IGN:ch
Come find me on showdown Name:darthchaos
darthchaos
Rookie Trainer

Postby darthchaos » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:12 am

An Empoleon, or should i say EmCOLEon sweep.
The only thing better than the immense hax would have been covet, as empoleon doesnt get thief. but oh well, now cole can steal battles too :kai:
and sidenote, he'll probably steal the set.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anyth ... -403042228
EDIT: for instance lanturn
and heres another one
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anyth ... -403046194
darthchaos
Rookie Trainer

Postby darthchaos » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:02 am

time for the god. Its a dux sweep! :kai:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankanythinggoes-491467406

and then just a lurantis sweep, at least legends got wrecked
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankanythinggoes-491518453
SAStar777
Rookie Trainer
favorite pokemon: Infernape
Favorite Type: Fire

Postby SAStar777 » Fri May 05, 2017 2:30 am

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-548393090 This was my favorite ranked Showdown battle so far. It's a Monotype battle. (I used Water-types and my opponent used Bug-Types) My opponent really showed the true power of the butterflies and moths. (They were apparently so good with them that they only need 4 of them! Quiver Dancers are scary!)

Anyway, I derped bad in the teambuilder because I gave the Tentacruel I used a Choice Scarf. And then I used Aqua Ring. Whoops! Also, I forgot to nickname the Milotic. (This was before I even thought about getting a Shiny Milotic.)

Don't worry--they were fixed after the battle! :kai:

Oh yeah, my opponent also forgot that Sleep Clause was a thing! TWICE! LOL!

Anyway, please enjoy!
I have a full team of Shinies!! And one day, it will be the very best, like none ever were!

...But as for right now, 2 of the members have a serious need of Hyper Training...

3DS FC: 2809-7358-8567 ign: Saxon
Snurfsnarf
Admin
favorite pokemon: Rayquaza
Favorite Type: Anything but Fairy
Nature: Modest

Postby Snurfsnarf » Fri May 12, 2017 9:48 pm

This is a 4th gen OU battle. I am HeilDerFuhrer, and my random opponent is Zordevoir. Let's walk through this, shall we?
You can watch the replay on Showdown here: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-530644924

Battle between Zordevoir and HeilDerFuhrer started!
Zordevoir sent out Gardevoir!
Go! Jirachi!

I would normally detest using Jirachi, but I get so much joy from tormenting people on Showdown with annoying Pokemon, so...

Turn 1
Jirachi used Iron Head!
The opposing Gardevoir lost 47.9% of its health!
The opposing Gardevoir used Shadow Ball!
Jirachi lost 27.6% of its health!
The opposing Gardevoir restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Turn 2
Jirachi used Iron Head!
The opposing Gardevoir lost 47.9% of its health!
The opposing Gardevoir flinched and couldn't move!
The opposing Gardevoir restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Pretty standard Jirachi stuff. My set is a Scarf lead with Trick, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, and U-Turn. Very standard set for the metagame.
Gardevoir is going to faint on the next turn after doing a pitiful 28% damage to Jirachi, so he will most likely switch.

Turn 3
Zordevoir withdrew Gardevoir!
Zordevoir sent out Umbreon!
Jirachi used Iron Head!
The opposing Umbreon lost 27.7% of its health!
The opposing Umbreon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Oh neat, an Umbreon! Well, Umbreon has the means to survive my unboosted hits for a while, and I'd rather not rely on flinches at this point. I am expecting Umbreon to use some sort of status move; Umbreon often carries Wish, but it may also go for Curse or even Yawn. I'm hoping it's not going for the latter, because I have a trick up my sleeve...

Turn 4
Jirachi, come back!
Go! Minun!
The opposing Umbreon used Curse!
The opposing Umbreon's Speed fell!
The opposing Umbreon's Attack rose! The opposing Umbreon's Defense rose!

This is a best case scenario right now. I'm carrying Encore to lock Umbreon into Curse. Then I can start setting up Nasty Plots in his face while he's forced to switch instead of setting up useless Curses.
This set was actually originally a Baton Passing Minun, but I changed it to a sweeper. Pro tip: this set is actually better on Plusle. Plusle is a bit stronger offensively, whereas Minun is better defensively.

Turn 5
The opposing Umbreon used Detect!
The opposing Umbreon protected itself!
Minun used Encore!

Ah, crap. There goes my element of surprise. Well, I'm going to keep using Encore anyway, because if it stays in, it's getting locked into Detect, which is still fine. Another pro tip: never use Detect over Protect. It's the same move with half the PP, and nearly everything in the game learns Protect via TM anyway.

Turn 6
Minun used Encore!

...y tho?

Turn 7
Minun used Encore!
The opposing Umbreon received an encore!
But it failed!

Okay, so he continued to stay in, and his Umbreon is locked into Detect. Now I get a free turn to set up a Nasty Plot while he switches into...

Turn 8
Minun used Nasty Plot!
Minun's Special Attack rose sharply!

...nothing? Okay, so he stayed in. Alright, I mean, that's understandable I guess. He probably expected an offensive move, so he stayed in to scout out my move. Well, now he HAS to switch. I mean, there is no way he would...

Turn 9
Minun used Nasty Plot!

...Oh no. Oh, you poor soul. I am at +4 Special Attack now, and he still can't attack me.

Turn 10
Minun used Nasty Plot!

OH NO... he's still staying in. He just let me set up to +6 Special Attack for free. My Minun is holding a Focus Sash that has not yet been broken, and he now has three Nasty Plots set up. At this point, he's going to have to just sacrifice his Umbreon so he can at least get something to switch in for free.

Turn 11
Zordevoir withdrew Umbreon!
Zordevoir sent out Ninetales!
Minun used Thunderbolt!
The opposing Ninetales lost 98.9% of its health!

He did not just do that. Did he just do that? Okay, yeah, he just did that. Hilariously, it actually lived the hit, which is why you're supposed to use Plusle for this set. But honestly, it doesn't matter because I still outspeed, so it still faints.

Turn 12
Minun used Thunderbolt!
The opposing Ninetales lost 1.1% of its health!
The opposing Ninetales fainted!

Okay, so this thing is back in. I know it will survive a hit at full health, but it's not immediately threatening me, so I'm not too concerned. Besides, I'm at +6, so there is no reason NOT to go for another Thunderbolt.

Turn 13
Minun used Thunderbolt!
The opposing Umbreon lost 76.1% of its health!
The opposing Umbreon used Moonlight!
The opposing Umbreon restored its HP.

Well that's just silly. You know I can just Encore that, right?
While I could absolutely continue using Thunderbolt until it faints, I want to take advantage of this opportunity to preserve my healthy Minun for as long as possible. If I go for another Thunderbolt, I know it will fail to KO, and I am put at risk of losing my Focus Sash or getting hit by a status move. By locking it into Moonlight, he is forced to either switch or sacrifice Umbreon for nothing.

Turn 14
Minun used Encore!
The opposing Umbreon received an encore!
The opposing Umbreon used Moonlight!
The opposing Umbreon restored its HP.

Umbreon is back to full HP, but I have no reason to be concerned about that at this point.
He is locked into Moonlight, and I feel like he won't be sticking around. I think (I hope) he learned his lesson from earlier, so I am very much expecting a switch. Just for lulz, I decided to go for Hidden Power Ice. If he stays in, he's still stuck using Moonlight, so I don't lose anything. Nothing is immune to Ice, either, so I'm guaranteed to at least damage something.

Turn 15
Zordevoir withdrew Umbreon!
Zordevoir sent out Dragonite!
Minun used Hidden Power (Ice)!
It's super effective! The opposing Dragonite lost 100% of its health!
The opposing Dragonite fainted!

LMAO! That was hilarious, and a little bit mean.
Dragonite often carries Extremespeed, which could have ruined my sweep after something else broke my Sash. It wouldn't have been the end of the world (I have five more Pokemon, lol), but I'm getting thirsty for the full sweep.

Zordevoir sent out Togekiss!

My Minun is Timid with max Speed EVs, so the only way Togekiss is going to outspeed is with a Choice Scarf. But Scarf Togekiss is not uncommon, and Serene Grace Air Slash is a thing, so Togekiss technically has the potential to end the sweep here.

Turn 16
Minun used Thunderbolt!
It's super effective! The opposing Togekiss lost 100% of its health!
The opposing Togekiss fainted!

Welp, never mind.
At this point, my opponent has three Pokemon remaining: Gardevoir, Umbreon, and an unrevealed final Pokemon. Because 4th gen lacks a team preview, I have no idea what his final Pokemon is until he sends it out.

Zordevoir sent out Starmie!

Well, there goes my Sash. Minun has 95 base Speed, and Starmie has a whopping 115 base Speed, PLUS they sometimes carry a Choice Scarf. There is no way I am going to--

Turn 17
Minun used Thunderbolt!
It's super effective! The opposing Starmie lost 100% of its health!
The opposing Starmie fainted!

...Why did I outspeed? Why on earth did I outspeed? Was it a bulky Starmie? Why wouldn't you run Speed on a bulky Starmie, though? If you're going to run max bulk EVs, why don't you use Suicune or Swampert or anything that isn't a Starmie?
Okay, whatever. I somehow outsped the Starmie, and it got absolutely demolished.

So Umbreon is back. At this point, there is really nothing he can do to avoid the full sweep. While he obviously shouldn't have given me the free +6 Special Attack, he could've at least used Umbreon to take a hit and break my Sash BEFORE sending the majority of his Pokemon to their deaths.

Turn 18
Minun used Thunderbolt!
The opposing Umbreon lost 71.6% of its health!
The opposing Umbreon used Dark Pulse!
Minun lost 29.1% of its health!

EXCUSE ME?! You're running DARK PULSE?!
A Curse Umbreon with Dark Pulse. Just when you think you've seen it all...
Curse boosts your Attack. Dark Pulse is a special attack. At that point, your Curse is basically a Harden that makes you slower. Curse Umbreon generally runs Payback for this reason. It's a physical STAB move that benefits from the speed drops from Curse because it doubles in power if you attack after the opponent.

It's over at this point. Neither Umbreon nor Gardevoir can survive a Thunderbolt, and they are both slower than Minun.

Turn 19
Minun used Thunderbolt!
The opposing Umbreon lost 34.5% of its health!
The opposing Umbreon fainted!
Zordevoir sent out Gardevoir!

Turn 20
Minun used Thunderbolt!
The opposing Gardevoir lost 16.5% of its health!
The opposing Gardevoir fainted!
HeilDerFuhrer won the battle!

Hope you all enjoyed! I had fun writing this, so look for more of these in the future!

Return to “Pokemon Other”